Dusan is the trusted mechanic for my 2000 BMW 323 ci. Over the years he has performed the following services:
- Replace the front suspension A-arms, (the first generation of which had a design flaw, but no recall was issued).
- All four brakes.
- Replace vacuum plug that was causing the diagnostics system to report a faulty oxygen sensor—but Dusan knew better.
- Replace a thermostat that was stuck in the open position.
- Helped me troubleshoot a tire/alignment problem. He even took all four tires off his own car and put them on mine to make sure it was the tires and not the car. He also went to the tire place next door to him and supervised their performing an alignment to BMW specifications. I don’t think he even charged me for any of this.
- On numerous occasions he’s repaired cosmetic damage (loose interior bits, hood emblem, etc.) at no cost.
Every experience has been second to none. I would only consider buying a BMW again because I know I can take it to him. Plus, he’s right next to the dealer, so he can get parts fast. He’s pretty much a celebrity in the Audi mechanics’ world.
When I come in I just tell him what’s wrong and leave the car. I never have to worry that he will do the wrong repairs or charge too much. I just come back to pick it up and pay the bill—no questions asked. The service done and parts used are clearly on the invoice every time, and he’s got all his records organized so he can tell you in a moment’s notice what he’s done to your car.
Oh, and the shop is spotless. He takes pride in what he does and it shows. It becomes customer service rather than auto service. You, too, will develop a relationship with him that will keep you from buying any cars he doesn’t work on.